Welcome all of you once again in Trend Areas, today we will talk about a very big and very respectful person from India whose name is Ratan Tata. Friends, if you want to know about the complete biography of Sir Ratan Tata, then you have come to the right post. In this post we will talk about Ratan Tata Biography, Ratan tata Net Worth, Ratan Tata Wife, Children, House, Car, Awards and many more, read till the end.
Ratan Tata Biography.
Ratan Tata who is the former chairman of the Tata group. Indian industrialist, being a visionary as well as a philanthropist, he was also the chairman of the Tata Group from 1990 to 2012. Ratan Tata is not interested in any identity today.
Everyone knows Ratan Tata from child to old age. Ratan Tata was also the chairman of all major companies like Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Power, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Tea, Tata Chemicals, Indian Hotels and Tata Teleservices. He is so visionary that he has made the loss making Tata group companies profitable with the help of many years of hard work and his vision and on his own.
Ratan Tata is a person of very calm nature, he is a person of a little shy nature, he is one of the people living a very normal life who stays away from the glare of society.
This is such a person who, despite being so rich, has been living in a bachelor flat full of books and dogs in Colaba district of Mumbai for many years. This shows about their nature, how celestial and incomparable their personality is. He has received countless awards in his life due to his philanthropic work.
Today we will give you some wonderful and heart touching information about his life.
|2.||Born||28 December 1937 (age 84) / Surat, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|5.||Educated at||Cornell University, Harvard University|
|6.||Profession||Chairman of Tata Group|
|10.||religious belief||parsi sect|
|13.||Relatives||J. R. D. Tata (Uncle)|
|14.||Awards||Padma Vibhushan (2008), OBE (2009)|
Ratan Tata Personal life.
Ratan Tata was born on 28 December 1937 in Surat city of Gujarat. Ratan Tata is a shy person, does not believe in the false glamor of society, has been living in a bachelor flat full of books and dogs in Colaba district of Mumbai for years. Ratan Tata has chosen his new heir. Is. Cyrus Mistry will replace Ratan Tata but will work with him for a year before being replaced completely.
In December 2012, he will completely take over the responsibility of the group. Cyrus Mistry, Pallonji Mistry’s younger son and Shapoorji-Pallonji’s Managing Director, holds a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree from Imperial College London and a degree in Management from London Business School. At present, he is the Managing Director of Shapoorji Pallonji, the largest shareholder of Tata Sons.
Cyrus has been associated with the Tata group since 2006, Mistry has been associated with the group of directors of Tata Sons since 2006.
Ratan Tata Success Story.
In the year 1971, he was made the director-in-charge of the National Radio and Electronics Company, by that time the company was running in loss and the company’s share in the market was only 2% and the reduction was 40%, after a few years Ratan Tata made the company profitable and Increase the company’s market share to 20%.
But Indira Gandhi’s government imposed emergency due to which the company suffered losses and along with it Tata faced union strike, due to which Nelco company was later closed.
After some time Ratan Tata was given the responsibility of handling a textile mill. This Tata Group company was also facing losses. After which Ratan Tata tried to handle it a lot but for some reason he needed 50 lakh rupees to improve the condition of the company but he could not get it and in the end this company was closed due to which Ratan Tata was very sad.
A few years later, recognizing his vision, JRD Tata announced his successor to the Tata Group and succeeded his uncle, JRD Tata, in 1991 while in the Tata Group.
Heatata Consultancy Services, headed by Tata Industries, issued a public issue and listed Tata Motors on the New York Stock Exchange.
In 1998, Tata Motors launched the first Indian passenger car, the Tata Indica, in the market.
On 31 January 2007, Tata Sons, headed by Ratan Tata, successfully acquired the Corus Group, an Anglo-Dutch aluminum and steel manufacturer. With this acquisition, Ratan Tata became an iconic figure in the Indian business world. As a result of this merger, the world got the fifth largest steel producing institution.
Ratan Tata’s dream come true His Tata Nano car 2008. Ratan Tata’s dream was to make a car costing Rs 1,00,000. (1998: Approx.
US Dollar 2,200; America today). He fulfilled his dream by inaugurating this car on January 10, 2008 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi. Three models of the Tata Nano were announced and Ratan Tata fulfilled his promise of delivering a car to the market with a price tag of just Rs 1 lakh, citing his promise to provide the car at this price point, saying “Promise is a promise”. ”
On 26 March 2008, Tata Motors under Ratan Tata bought Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford Motor Company. The epitome of British luxury, Jaguar and Land Rover were bought for £1.15 billion ($2.3 billion)
Honours and Awards Recived By Sir Ratan Tata.
Year >> Award Name >> Awarding Organisation
- 2004 >> Honorary Doctor of Technology >> Asian Institute of Technology.
- 2005 >> International Distinguished Achievement Award >> B’nai B’rith International
- 2008 >> Honorary Fellowship >> The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- 2008 >> Inspired Leadership Award >> The Performance Theatre
- 2008 >> Honorary Doctor of Science >> Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- 2007 >> Honorary Fellowship >> The London School of Economics and Political Science
- 2010 >> Honorary Doctor of Law >> University of Cambridge
- 2010 >> Hadrian Award >> World Monuments Fund
- 2010 >> Oslo Business for Peace award >> Business for Peace Foundation
- 2010 >> Legend in Leadership Award >> Yale University
- 2010 >> Honorary Doctor of Laws >> Pepperdine University
- 2010 >> Business for Peace Award >> Business for Peace Foundation
- 2010 >> Business Leader of the Year >> The Asian Awards.
- 2012 >> Honorary Fellow >> The Royal Academy of Engineering
- 2012 >> Doctor of Business >> University of New South Wales
- 2012 >> Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun >> Government of Japan
- 2013 >> Foreign Associate >> National Academy of Engineering
- 2013 >> Transformational Leader of the Decade >> Indian Affairs India Leadership Conclave 2013
- 2013 >> Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year >> Lifetime Achievement Ernst & Young
- 2013 >> Honorary Doctor of Business Practice >> Carnegie Mellon University
- 2014 >> Honorary Doctor of Business >> Singapore Management University
- 2014 >> Sayaji Ratna Award >> Baroda Management Association
- 2014 >> Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) >> Queen Elizabeth II
- 2014 >> Honorary Doctor of Laws >> York University, Canada
- 2015 >> Honorary Doctor of Automotive Engineering >> Clemson University
- 2015 >> Sayaji Ratna Award >> Baroda Management Association, Honoris Causa, HEC Paris
- 2016 >> Commander of the Legion of Honour >> Government of France
- 2018 >> Honorary Doctorate >> Swansea University
Ratan Tata Net Worth.
The total net worth of Mr. Ratan Tata is diversified, but still it includes a huge amount of wealth from various sources. The net worth of Mr. Ratan Tata is estimated to be 1 billion USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 7416 Crore Indian Rupee (i.e. approx Seven Thousand Four hundred Crore INR).
Ratan Tata is not in the list of Billionaire club, because 65% ownership of TATA Sons which is the key holding company of the other 96 TATA Group Company is held by various charitable organizations. So, this 65% ownership of Tata Sons Limited is not reflected on Ratan Tata’s personal Financial Statement but on the various charitable organizations.
Ratan Tata House.
Ratan Tata Car Collection.
Conclusion | last word.
So friends, I hope you must have read this post (Ratan Tata Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, House, Car, Awards) completely. And also hope that you would have liked this post informative and also good. It has always been our motto to give correct and point to point information to our users so that users can understand better. So (Ratan Tata Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, House, Car, Awards) every problem related to this must have been solved by you.
And yes, if you find any problem or mistake anywhere in this post, then you can feel free to tell us by message or comment, we will take action as soon as possible and correct it. In the end, I would say that if you really liked this post (Ratan Tata Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, House, Car, Awards), then do not forget to share it, because it is very important to share it with everyone.